Team EFL Haiti is a joint project between the Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey (MIIS) and the Ministry of Education, Central Plateau, Haiti, through its ongoing alliance with St. André’s school in Hinche, St. Dunstan’s Church of Carmel Valley, and Rotary. The main goal of Team EFL Haiti is to enhance the design and delivery of English language instruction to students in the Central Plateau region of Haiti through cooperation with St. André’s School and language teachers in the region in order to advance teacher professional development and higher English language proficiency outcomes for students.
- Build on previous curriculum design and teacher training work accomplished by MIIS Team EFL in Haiti at St. André’s School and in the Hinche community
- Provide professional development opportunities for MIIS graduate students enrolled in relevant MA programs at the Institute
- Provide professional development training to language teachers in the Central Plateau region of Haiti
- Implement a sustainable train-the-trainer model for teacher professional development in the region
- Promote ongoing cultural and professional exchange between Haitian and US teachers and students
For more information and sponsorship, please see our MIIS Team Haiti Program Website: http://sites.miis.edu/eflhaiti/
HOW TO BLOG - Guide for Team EFL Haiti Teachers
- Go to www.weebly.com
- Click “Login”
- Login with:
- Login: email@example.com
- Password: Use the password we gave you in the training. If you don't have it, email Lisa: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click “Edit”
- Click “New Post”
- Click and drag different elements to add information to the blog, like text, photos, videos, etc.
- When you are done, click “Post”
- Finally, click “Publish”
- Click the “X” in the upper left corner, then click “Logout” to logout of the site
- Go to www.miisteamhaititeachers.com to view your post!